Nye County School District utilizes substitutes in a variety of capacities. Substitute Support Staff positions include: Substitute Classroom Aides, Clerical Aides, Custodians & Lunch Aides.
Qualified individuals who are interested in working part-time and on-call are encouraged to look into becoming a substitute. This is a great way to meet people and to get to know people in your community while serving the students of Nye County School District!
Substitute Support Staff Application Procedure
1. Applicant must submit an online application at this link, choosing the vacancy for the community in which they reside or wish to work in. The Southern Nye Schools Vacancy is for the Pahrump, Amargosa & Beatty communities only; The Northern Nye Schools Vacancy is for the Tonopah, Round Mountain, Gabbs & Duckwater communities only.
2. HR will perform an initial reference/background check. Once the check is complete and the applicant is deemed eligible, HR will email the applicant with instructions to make an appointment to complete employment paperwork.
3. Applicant must submit a money order in the amount of $40.25 (fee subject to change by DPS; please contact HR to verify current fee), made payable to Nye County School District, prior to reporting to the NCSO for mandatory LiveScan fingerprints.
4. Applicant must clear mandatory pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing and complete SafeSchools Online Training courses.
5. Applicant must complete 1/2 day observations for each job classification they are interested in subbing for (Observations are coordinated through the school secretary only).
6. Once all other steps are completed, the substitute is added to Absence Management.
*Please Note: An applicant may be disqualified at any step in this procedure. Please refer to Policy 6275(c) for additional information. Nye County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Absence Management (formerly known as Aesop)
Absence Management is a web-based application which automates our employee absence reporting and substitute placement. Once an absence has been reported, Absence Management begins securing the very best substitutes.